AGENDA-TOWN COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
OF THE MAYOR AND BOARD OF SELECTMEN
July 13, 2015 6:00 p.m.
*Mayor Danny Roy Lewis Chief Russell Mills, Chief of Police
*Councilman Willie Curry, District 1 Daniel Bays, Town Attorney
*Councilman Billy Kirk, District 2 Lee Wells, Public Works Superintendent
*Councilman Keldron Johnston, District 3 Lori Kirkpatrick, Town Clerk
*Councilman Brandon Rich, District 4 Shenovia Harris, Town Treasurer
*Councilman Willie Knowles, District 5 Kathy Hightower, Guardian Journal
James Colvin, Financial Consultant
1. Call to Order
2. Invocation- Rev. Bryan Thurman
3. Pledge of Allegiance- Councilman Keldron Johnston
4. Roll Call
5. Adopt minutes for June 8, 2015 Regular Council Meeting as published.
(Citizens’ Communication to Council may be made on agenda items only. As you speak, please identify yourself by name and address. Please limit comments to 3 minutes.)
- Notice of Intent to Apply for Financial Assistance -USDA Rural Development for purchase of Police Vehicles and Equipment.
- Approve Resolution #15-009 declaring the intention of the Mayor and Board of Selectmen to issue Utility Revenue Bonds, in an amount not to exceed ($2,250,000) for the purpose of constructing and acquiring improvements, extensions and replacements to the combined water and sewer systems of the Town.
- Approve Resolution 15-010-A Resolution Adopting Procedures for Procurement with Louisiana Community Development Block Grant Funds Establishing Regulations and Guidelines pertaining to the use of Federal Funds for Procurement.
- Approve Resolution 15-011-Authorizing the Mayor to Request Administrative Consultant’s Proposal for Services when applying for funding from the LCDBG program to make public facility improvements.
- Approve Resolution 15-012-Authorizing the Mayor to Request Engineer's Qualifications Statements when applying for funding from the LCDBG program to make public facility improvements.
- Discuss speed bumps on Pearl St. and Monroe St. – Councilman Willie Curry
- Discuss abandoned and dilapidated houses – Councilman Willie Curry
- Adoption of amendment of Part II of Code of Ordinance Chapter 7-16~7-45 Articles II in regards to Homer Volunteer Fire Department.
- Declaration of surplus unit – 1996 Chevrolet Suburban VIN# 3GNEC16R6TG101608- Homer Fire Dept.
- Approve Amendment Agreement for American Wastewater, LLC
- Public Works
- Main Street
Twenty-four hour notice is hereby given and publicly posted on July10, 2015.
_______Lori C. Kirkpatrick, Town Clerk______
(Name and Position of Authorized Person)
________________Town of Homer__________
_____400 East Main St – Homer, LA 71040___
__________ (318) 927-3555_______________
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance, please
Contact Lori C. Kirkpatrick at (318) 927-3555 describing the assistance that is necessary.